CILIFO ‚Äď STARTUP EUROPE ACCELERATHON 


Finnova Foundation, as a beneficiary of the Iberian Center for Research and Fight against Forest Fires (CILIFO) organised the Accelerathon on prevention and extinction of forest fires and the recovery of habitat in a burned area. 

The objective of this initiative is to promote innovative challenges and to be able to apply them to the real world of prevention, extinction and recovery of forest fires through European funding. In addition, thanks to this tool, visibility is given to the CILIFO project and the progress of the project carried out by the beneficiaries in the cross-border territory of the Alentejo-Algarve-Andalusia Euroregion .

Accelerathon-CILIFO also promotes networking and open innovation through the project incubator, the Firefighting Open Innovation Lab – CILIFO. The CILIFO accelerator will be able to find innovative solutions to common challenges that will be eligible for community funds, through open calls such as, for example, LIFE Environment Programme call.

Issued challenges:

Prevention of forest fires. Extinction of forest fires. Recovery of habitat after forest fires.

 

These challenges aim to identify innovative solutions, in addition to attracting companies, public or private entities, startups or entrepreneurs who define their environmental challenges in terms of prevention, extinction and recovery from forest fires. 

The person in charge of the opening of the event was Juan Sánchez Ruiz, director of the Regional Operational Center (INFOCA) РGeneral Directorate of Natural Environment, Biodiversity and Protected Spaces within the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Sustainable Development (Regional government of Andalucía). During the ceremony, broadcasted live on Zoom and Facebook Live, each of the teams presented their project in a pitch and it was subjected to a double evaluation. On the one hand, a jury made up of 14 experts analysed the proposals of each team; their assessment corresponded to 80% of the global score. The remaining 20% was equivalent to more than 900 votes from the public.

ETHON: Winner of Startup Europe Accelerathon- CILIFO

The team was formed by the research technician of the Polytechnic University of Valencia , David Vinu√© Vis√ļs (team leader); the CEO of CO2 Revolution, Juan Carlos Sesma Fraguas; the scientific director of Kowat Control Biomim√©tico, Paco Morente; the managing director of MTC Soft, S.L., Fernando Moreno-Torres Camy; and the external advisor of MTC Soft, S.L., Enrique Moreno-Torres Garc√≠a-Torres.

The Iberian Center for Research and Fight against Forest Fires (CILIFO ) organised the Accelerathon on prevention and extinction of forest fires and the recovery of habitat in a burned area, promoted by Finnova Foundation as a beneficiary of the project. On Wednesday July 1st 2020, the final of the Accelerathon – CILIFO was held with the participation of the jury and the five finalist teams.