STARTUP EUROPE ACCELERATHON
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), 85% of the waste generated by healthcare activities is non-hazardous compared to household waste, while the remaining 15% is considered hazardous material, whether infectious, chemical or radioactive. Treatment and disposal of healthcare waste can pose health risks indirectly through the release of pathogens and toxic pollutants into the environment. Therefore, initiatives that offer a safe and ecological method of disposal of this waste and that help mitigate its negative impact on our ecosystem are essential.
¿Who is the organiser?
BEFORE: the call is launched, entrepreneurs and participants are recruited. Communication in our own media and media partners, press releases, social media and launching video.
DURING: continuous communication in the social media of Finnova and Startup Europe Awards, communication support to generate a communication network between all participants. Press releases and social media.
AFTER: communication about the winning team and promotion of the project through press releases and the Accelerathon video.
LAUNCHING OF THE EVENT
Programme preparation and material delivery. Landing page of the event and recruitment form.
Dissemination of the call in databases of Spanish and European entrepreneurs and innovators as well as the media.
Dissemination of the challenge on social media along with the related United Nations’ SDGs. Participation of European experts in the jury
Interactive e-learning platform EU TRAINING PLATFORM (European projects methodology) Technical assistance during webinars.Active participation on groups’ mentoring with EU Healthcare Waste
FROM JANUARY TO JUNE 2021
European acceleration ticket (in public-private collaboration) which includes the co-writing of the winning project for its submission to a European programme call.
Formed by a group of international experts who will assess that the challenges set are adapted to the requirements and conditions, as well as the development of the challenge itself.
Submission of the winning project to a European Commission Call
Healthcare Waste Startup Europe Awards Prize selected for the national category SPAIN.
European Union mentoring to the winning team in networking, legislation and communication.
We explain it in this video
Healthcare Waste Starup Europe Accelerathon Webinar
Thursday 26 November 2020